Discussion in 'Labor & Employment' started by APACHERAT, Mar 8, 2016.
Yep. It is what it is.
Pride. Good, honest workmen.
just drive by any 7-11, plenty of day workers begging to get dirty, screw those spoilt self-centered 'privileged' prics of today's generations...
No rw replies. I'm not surprised. My post is above their pay grade, I reckon.
Who is "rw"?
The world is made up of many tribes.
The word race comes from old Castlinian word "raza" referring to breeding horses, keeping the blood lines pure as in thoroughbred horses.
Then there is the racist organization...La Raza.
In the early 1800's there was no such thing as a racist or at least no such word.
RACE, noun [Latin radix and radius having the same original. This word coincides in origin with rod, ray, radiate, etc.]
1. The lineage of a family, or continued series of descendants from a parent who is called the stock. A raceis the series of descendants indefinitely. Thus all mankind are called the race of Adam; the Israelites are of the raceof Abraham and Jacob. Thus we speak of a race of kings, the race of Clovis or Charlemagne; a race of nobles, etc.
Hence the long race of Alban fathers come.
2. A generation; a family of descendants. A race of youthful and unhandled colts.
3. A particular breed; as a race of mules; a race of horses; a race of sheep.
Of such a race no matter who is king.
4. A root; as race-ginger, ginger in the root or not pulverized.
5. A particular strength or taste of wine; a kind of tartness.
RACE, noun [Latin gradior, gressus, with the prefix g. Eng. ride.]
1. A running; a rapid course or motion, either on the feet, on horseback or in a carriage, etc.; particularly, a contest in running; a running in competition for a prize.
The race was one of the exercises of the Grecian games.
I wield the gauntlet and I run the race
2. Any sunning with speed.
The flight of many birds is swifter than the race of any beast.
3. A progress; a course; a movement or progression of any kind.
My race of glory run.
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
4. Course; train; process; as the prosecution and race of the war. [Not now used.]
5. A strong or rapid current of water, or the channel or passage for such a current; as a mill-race.
6. By way of distinction, a contest in the running of horses; generally in the plural. The races commence in October.
RACE, verb intransitive To run swiftly; to run or contend in running. The animals raced over the ground.
The closest 7/11 near me has panhandlers out in front.
At 6 a.m. the 7/11 is full of Mexican illegal alien gardners and construction day laborers starting out the day with two big bottles of Budweiser.
I don't need to discuss the dictionary version.
I wanted to discuss Ashley Montagu's book I linked to. There is a lot of info there by experts of the word race.
Unless you are anti-science. In that case, nevermind.
I don't remember if I read the book you linked to written by Israel Ehrenberg his revisionist name being Ashley Montagu.
I do know "Man's Most Dangerous Myth: The Fallacy of Race" was not the book being used in the sociology class I attended in college almost fifty years ago.
You are aware that Ashley Montagu is a cultural-Marxist.
Like all cultural-marxist they use revisionist history and revisionist science to further a leftist political agenda.
It was progressives who believed that by using science the ills of society could be fixed.
It was American progressives during America's progressive era who by using science claimed that some races and or ethnicities weren't equal and inferior compared to other races and or ethnicities.
Most progressives are socialist but were nationalist socialist not internationalist socialist.
Todays progressives aren't true progressives but Marxist, internationalist socialist or anarchist hiding behind the progressive label.
But like the true progressive and todays fake progressives they have something in common. Both are racist.
Today's liberals and progressives believe that some races or ethnicities are inferior and need special protections, privileges and even free stuff to compete in society today.
Being an American is not a race, it's a tribe.
It's not easy becoming an American and it's not suppose to be easy.
But once the wannabe American fully assimilates into America's established culture, customs, language, traditions and heritage...they become full tribal members of America.
Unless you're a doctor, lawyer, or other high end specialist, $52k/year as a startup pay is preposterous.
Yeah, ok Tonto.
Killing the messenger, I see.
''Ashley Montagu is a cultural-Marxist''
Where's your proof?
There was never any evidence that Montagu had any association with communism or socialism or, for that matter, that his work was even influenced by Marxism.
''Most progressives are socialist but were nationalist socialist not internationalist socialist.''
Where's your proof???
Not one claim made in your spiel makes the slightest sense or is backed up with even the slightest proof.
You have got to be kidding when you claim that liberals are cultural marxists, that is a load from the echo chamber. I can tell you who does classify human traits and race and that is conservative businessmen. Biggest group of abusers and they do it because that is their ideology of class.
Notable Cultural Marxists: Antonio Gramsci, Horkheimer and Adorno, Herbert Marcuse, Franz Boas, Israel Ehrenberg (aka Ashley Montagu), Richard Lewontin, Stephen Jay Gould, and Others
Separate names with a comma.